Chinese Herbs: Using Ancient Wisdom For Modern Health Concerns
Filed under "Health"
More articles »
Saturday, March 6, 2021
Desiring a healthier life may be your goal, but for you and millions of others it can prove more challenging. You may feel that your immunity is low. You may be in a state of physiological, mental or emotional unrest. Or you may be faced with a more serious illness or chronic pain. Many of our patients have “tried everything” and are “frustrated” because they still have a un-supported health concern.
Chinese Herbal Therapy Can Assist and Support You With the Following:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Digestive problems including Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Gynecological disorders: PCOS/Endometriosis
- Immune system enhancement
- Infection prevention
- Fertility/Ovarian Reserve
- Irregular menstruation
- Fatty Liver
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- COVID Recovery
You'd be surprised by the number of ailments that can be alleviated when you take a holistic approach to your health.
Chinese herbal therapy offers a safe and effective holistic approach toward you as an individual and is often used as a bridge to reduce or eliminate the need for traditional pharmaceuticals.
Chinese Herbs Get to the Root of Your Problem
Herbs are designed to get at the root of your problem without encouraging dependency. And most importantly, there are very few side effects to most herbal therapies as opposed to troubling and sometimes long-term side effects of some prescribed pharmaceuticals.
Herbs are not given to address symptoms alone the way of some pharmaceuticals. Instead, Dr. Miller, a board-certified Chinese Medicine herbalist, will assesses you as an entire individual not as a diagnosis.
Based on this assessment, Dr. Abby Miller creates a customized combination of multiple herbs to address your specific state of imbalance in your body. Your customized combination, known as a formula, is hospital/pharmaceutical grade and taken in a capsule form. Dr. Abby Miller may also recommend other specific dietary changes to further enhance your body's balance.
Taking Chinese herbs on your own, or on the recommendation of someone not trained in Traditional Chinese Therapy is not advised.
Top 4 Benefits of Chinese Herbal Therapy
- Herbs are custom made to get at the root of your imbalances as well as to provide symptom relief. This is done to specifically match you as the individual based on your current health picture, health history, spirit/mood, and constitution/genetic.
This means a 21 year old athlete with back pain originating about 1 month ago is given a very different set of herbs than a 64 year old woman with back pain, and a history of fatigue and diffuse muscle aches.
- There are very few, and mostly mild side effects. For example, the herbs we use for sinusitis will not disrupt the natural flora in the digestive tract in the way an antibiotic could, and herbs to reduce pain won't inhibit mental clarity and functioning like muscle relaxers could. Likewise, herbs used to decrease inflammation won't inhibit the immune system the way steroids can.
- The quality of our herbs versus herbs off the shelf:* We dispense your herbs at the specific dosage and at the correct time. * Our herbs are pure which means you won't consume heavy metals and pesticides. * We guarantee the contents of the herbs, which means the herbs contain a therapeutic dosage versus a dosage too low or too high or not actually any of the herb in the product at all.
- Herbs work. And, they work in such a way that they promote the body's independent functioning, as opposed to building a mask of dependency.
Chinese Herbs Can Address the Full Range of Human Illness
Chinese herbs can be used and have been developed to address the full range of what humans suffer with on a daily basis. They may be used alongside modern therapies including pharmaceutical and nutritional supplements.
At the appropriate dosage and with the appropriate exclusions, herbs may be taken safely by children, pregnant women, and mothers who are breast-feeding. Certain pharmaceuticals, health conditions, and impending surgery all warrant caution, and must be accurately reported to your provider.
When necessary, Dr. Abby Miller uses the opportunity to consult with complementary practitioners and medical doctors about your health concerns and the progress you are making.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.