How to Pick a Watermelon
Filed under "Health Foods"
More articles »
Friday, June 26, 2020
Here is a great graphic for how to choose a watermelon. I was surprised because I had been looking for the opposite characteristics when buying-LOL!
And read on for some benefits of eating watermelon.
Benefits of eating watermelon:
- Watermelon has a high water content. This makes it hydrating and helps you feel full.
- Watermelon is a low-calorie fruit high in some nutrients, especially carotenoids, vitamin C and cucurbitacin E. Some compounds in watermelon, including cucurbitacin E and lycopene, have been studied for their potential to prevent cancer, though study results are mixed.
- Heart healthy and may Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin. Some help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- Fiber and water are important for healthy digestion. Watermelon contains both.
Graphic from Facebook post from trusted source
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.