Common Health Topics We Help With
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine are well known for helping a variety of health conditions. From helping with seasonal allergies to fertility, menopause, pain, and chronic disease, this more holistic approach to health care treats the underlying condition to help you restore your overall health.
Below are some of the most common health conditions we work with.
If you are struggling with symptoms or an illness not listed below, please contact our office. We may still be able to help you.
Allergies and Sinus Congestion
Runny nose, itchy eyes, sore throat, headache - almost all of us have experienced allergy or sinus congestion from time to time. Acupuncture can help relieve seasonal or chronic allergy and sinus issues.Learn how acupuncture can relieve allergy and sinus symptoms.
There are more than 100 autoimmune diseases. Millions of people struggle with the painful symptoms associated with autoimmune disorders every day. You don’t have to struggle anymore.Learn how acupuncture can relieve painful autoimmune symptoms.
A cancer diagnosis can impact your mental, emotional, and physical health. Acupuncture can help you deal with some common painful side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.Learn how acupuncture can improve painful side effects of cancer treatments.
Digestive issues can be caused by a number of factors: stress, decreased blood flow, food intolerances, and more. Acupuncture can help you eliminate digestive problems and improve your digestive system.Learn how acupuncture can improve digestive problems.
Fatigue is one of the most common complaints we hear from our patients. Symptoms related to fatigue can cause brain fog, headache, musculoskeletal pain, dizziness and more. Acupuncture can relieve physical and mental fatigue.Learn how acupuncture can relieve symptoms of fatigue once and for all.
Menopause is part of life for women, but pain and discomfort don’t need to be. Acupuncture can balance your hormones and alleviate symptoms of perimenopause and menopause.Learn how acupuncture can help you before, during and after menopause.
For more than 3,500 years, people across the world have used acupuncture to successfully treat chronic illness and eliminate pain. It's a safe, effective evidence-based treatment for pain.Learn why acupuncture is your bodyâ€™s natural pain reliever.
Pregnancy and Fertility
Studies show acupuncture increases fertility rates by more than 60%. We’ve helped more than 500 women have healthy full-term pregnancies, easy deliveries, and happy babies.Learn how acupuncture can help you start your family.
Issues like low libido, painful intercourse, impotence, and others aren’t necessarily related to your sex organs. There are a number of factors that can interfere with a healthy sex life.Learn how acupuncture can improve your sexual health.
Stress and Anxiety
Stress and anxiety can be treated successfully without dangerous medications. Acupuncture can naturally regulate your body’s chemical balance.Learn more about how acupuncture can help you overcome stress and anxiety.
Chinese Herbal Therapy Can Assist and Support You
Desiring a healthier life may be your goal, but for you and millions of others it can prove more challenging. You may feel that your immunity is low. You may be in a state of physiological, mental or emotional unrest. Or you may be faced with a more serious illness or chronic pain. Many of our patients have “tried everything” and are “frustrated” because they still have a un-supported health concern.
Chinese Herbal Therapy Can Assist and Support You With the Following:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Digestive problems including Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Gynecological disorders: PCOS/Endometriosis
- Immune system enhancement
- Infection prevention
- Fertility/Ovarian Reserve
- Irregular menstruation
- Fatty Liver
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- COVID Recovery
You'd be surprised by the number of ailments that can be alleviated when you take a holistic approach to your health.
Chinese herbal therapy offers a safe and effective holistic approach toward you as an individual and is often used as a bridge to reduce or eliminate the need for traditional pharmaceuticals.
Chinese Herbs Get to the Root of Your Problem
Herbs are designed to get at the root of your problem without encouraging dependency. And most importantly, there are very few side effects to most herbal therapies as opposed to troubling and sometimes long-term side effects of some prescribed pharmaceuticals.
Herbs are not given to address symptoms alone the way of some pharmaceuticals. Instead, Dr. Abby Miller, a board-certified Chinese Medicine herbalist, will assesses you as an entire individual not as a diagnosis.
Based on this assessment, Dr. Abby Miller, creates a customized combination of multiple herbs to address your specific state of imbalance in your body. Your customized combination, known as a formula, is hospital/pharmaceutical grade and taken in a capsule form. Dr. Abby Miller, may also recommend other specific dietary changes to further enhance your body's balance.
Taking Chinese herbs on your own, or on the recommendation of someone not trained in Traditional Chinese Therapy is not advised.
Top 4 Benefits of Chinese Herbal Therapy
- Herbs are custom made to get at the root of your imbalances as well as to provide symptom relief. This is done to specifically match you as the individual based on your current health picture, health history, spirit/mood, and constitution/genetic. This means a 21 year old athlete with back pain originating about 1 month ago is given a very different set of herbs than a 64 year old woman with back pain, and a history of fatigue and diffuse muscle aches.
- There are very few, and mostly mild side effects. For example, the herbs we use for sinusitis will not disrupt the natural flora in the digestive tract in the way an antibiotic could, and herbs to reduce pain won't inhibit mental clarity and functioning like muscle relaxers could. Likewise, herbs used to decrease inflammation won't inhibit the immune system the way steroids can.
- The quality of our herbs versus herbs off the shelf: We dispense your herbs at the specific dosage and at the correct time. Our herbs are pure which means you won't consume heavy metals and pesticides. We guarantee the contents of the herbs, which means the herbs contain a therapeutic dosage versus a dosage too low or too high or not actually any of the herb in the product at all.
- Herbs work. And, they work in such a way that they promote the body's independent functioning, as opposed to building a mask of dependency.
Chinese Herbs Can Address Multiple Issues In One Formula
Chinese herbs can be used and have been developed to address the full range of illnesses.
They may be used alongside modern therapies including pharmaceutical and nutritional supplements.
At the appropriate dosage and with the appropriate exclusions, herbs may be taken safely by children, pregnant women, and mothers who are breast-feeding. Certain pharmaceuticals, health conditions, and impending surgery all warrant caution, and must be accurately reported to your provider.
When necessary, Dr. Abby Miller, uses the opportunity to consult with complementary practitioners and medical doctors about your health concerns and the progress you are making.